So I got the new February Martha Stewart Living magazine the other day in the mail. In the section 'Good Things,' I found a small recipe on making your own homemade peanut butter and chocolate cups. Just to tell you now...I LOVE peanut butter! Just love it! So I decided to try the recipe. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cups
1 bag of bittersweet chocolate
1 jar of peanut butter
1 can of un-salted peanuts
(NOTE: These chocolate cups can be used for more than just peanut butter. You can fill with fruit, mousse, etc.)
1. Melt chocolate either on a double boiler or in the microwave.
2. Use a food safe brush to paint the chocolate on the inside of the small baking cups.
3. Refrigerate until set (about 10 mins).
4. Chop up a small bowl of peanuts. (Food processor can help with this.)
5. Repeat, brushing on another layer and chilling. (NOTE: Make sure the sides have a good thick layer on them.)
6. When firm, peel off paper, and fill. (NOTE: Be careful peeling off the paper. Cups can break on the sides if they aren't thick enough. It happened to many of mine.)
7. Use a pastry bag fitted with a star tip to pipe in the peanut butter.
8. Garnish with chopped toasted peanuts.
Images from Me; Recipe from the February Martha Stewart Living magazine