05 January 2011

Books on a Holiday....

So I didn't get to show you what I got from Santa for Christmas this year. Well, you see, my husband's family does a Secret Santa gifts exchange by drawing names out of a hat. (Or this year out of a small Java program by hubby made!)

So, I asked for books this year. Sounds boring, eh? Not really for a travel, food nut like me!

I've been wanting this book for a while now - My French Life by Vicki Archer. The pictures are so pretty, and it has such an interesting story of how her family bought this house in France and moved there to live. It's funny. My Secret Santa even said they had to read the book before they gave it to me. You might want to pick it up yourself.


My Secret Santa also gave me this book - Markets of Paris by Dixon and Ruthanne Long. I've been trying to plan a trip to Paris. Some friends of mine went last Spring, and loved it. I'm still not sure when we'll go, but I am planning on it soon. Also, learning basic French is on my "to do" list this year. But I love outdoor markets; so I wanted to get this book to help find some good ones when we do go.







Cookbooks. Love them! I can't wait to try these recipes out. I'm a baker at heart. So I'm always looking for a good baking/dessert cookbook to add to my collection. My brother-in-law got me the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook by Tarek Malouf. The other book wasn't a gift. I just happened upon the Just Mini Desserts by Robert Zollweg at Kroger's. I love eating those little mini desserts at restaurants, but never knew how to make them. I'm hoping this helps with that. Well, enjoy!




Images me. Books from Amazon.com and Kroger's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...