It's always nice to get cards on Valentine's Day. But lately, cards are so expensive! So instead of dishing out the dough for a card, try making your own at home. Here is a cute idea for a homemade Valentine's Day card. Enjoy!
Valentine Flower Heart Card
(Adapted from the Valentine Flowers on Martha Stewart Living)
Tools and Materials:
5-8 Colored paper (pink, red, etc.)
1 piece of white paper
Pin or pushpin
1. Cut out five to eight hearts of the same size, and inscribe them a quote or message.
2. Use a pushpin to make a hole near the pointed end of each heart.
3. Take your ribbon and thread it through the hole on the first heart. Then tie a knot at the end to keep the ribbon from sliding back through. (Note: I tied a few knots just to be sure it stayed in place.)
4. Keep threading the ribbon through all the other hearts till you have them all on the ribbon.
5. Then use the pushpin to make a hole in the middle of the piece of white paper.
6. Thread the end of the ribbon through the white paper so the hearts come up flat against the paper. Then tie a knot at the end of the ribbon on the back of the white paper to keep the ribbon form sliding back through. (Note: I tied a few knots just to be sure it stayed in place.)
7. Cut the end of the ribbon and use a piece of scotch tape to hold down the end of the ribbon.
Images from Me, Love Quotes, Martha Stewart Living